Changes in version 1.6.1
- Non reproducible %dorng% loop when doRNG is registered over doSEQ
(Issue #1 reported by Brenton Kenkel). Actually due to %dorng% not
restoring the RNG (to state + 1) when doRNG is registered over doSEQ.
Changes in version 1.6
- doRNG now depends on the package pkgmaker (>= 0.20)
- Check error due number of cores used. Now limited to 2 in examples,
vignette and unit test.
Changes in version 1.5
- doRNG now depends on the package pkgmaker (>= 0.9)
- improved vignette
- most of the general RNG utilities have been incorporated in a new
package called rngtools.
Changes in version 1.4.1
- when the current RNG was L'Ecuyer-CMRG, unseeded loops now use
the current RNG stream as for the first stream in the RNG sequence
and changes the current RNG to the next RNG stream of the last stream
in the sequence.
- fix error “'iter' not found” due to changes in foreach package
dependencies – that was announced by Rich Calaway.
- loops seeded with set.seed and .options.RNG were not reproducible
when current RNG was L'Ecuyer-CMRG (reported by Zhang Peng)
- separate unseeded loops were sharing most of their streams,
when current RNG was L'Ecuyer-CMRG the RNG seed.
- nested/conditional loops were crashing with a bad error.
They are still not supported but the error message is nicer and a
work around has been added to the vignette (reported by Chanhee Yi
and Zhang Peng).
Changes in version 1.2.3
- fixed error when running a %dorng% loop on a fresh session, with no
parallel backend registered.
- improved vignette
- added more unit tests
- changed the name of the RNG attribute on result of %dorng% looops
from 'RNG' to 'rng'. It now contains the whole sequence of RNG seeds,
instead of only the first one.
- RNGseq now accepts a list or a matrix describing the whole sequence
of seeds. See vignette for more details.
- %dorng% loops can be seeded with a complete sequence of seeds passed
as a list, a matrix, or an object with attribute 'rng', e.g. the
results of %dorng% loops. See vignette for more details.
Changes in version 1.2.2
- separate %dorng% loops were using the same seed.
- add unit tests
- first seed is set as an attribute of the loop's result
- function doRNGseed now returns the seed to use for the first
- RNGseq now change the current RNG state if called with no seed
- removed function CMRGseed
Changes in version 1.2
- An error was thrown if using %dorng% loops before using any random
generator. Thanks to Eric Lehmann for reporting this.
- add vignette
- use package doParallel in examples
Changes in version 1.1
- use R core RNG “L'Ecuyer-CMRG” and the parallel package,
instead of the implementation provided by the rstream package.